Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Journey Out

Be fast, but quiet
Not a whisper, not a sound
Listen to me, hold my hand
And walk

Walk from here
This once a home, this once a country
This once a dome

Leave it
Leave it all behind
The worldly things that bind us to
This once a home, this once a country
This once a dome of light

Say goodbye
For you will not return
You will not look back
You will not be sad

It is not for you
This once a home

Wrapped in the embrace of my love
You will be warm without its sun

You will not miss it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant... and moving.

... but don't start crying at work!

Mir

NANCI PHELAN said...

This is lovely.... moving..... I think of your family saying goodbye to your homeland. It draws me in and then ends on a surprise, kind of positive note of affirmation. Nice touch. Interesting cadence as well.